Saturday, January 1, 2011

A little more info concerning the life of me

Hello 2011!! My have you come fast. I look back at the last year and my family certainly has gone through many big changes. First off, I changed from my private school that I had been going to for 6 years, to being homeschooled. Homeschooling is definately a challenge in itself but it is completely worth it. Not only can I wear my pj's but I also get to chose what curriculum I want to use and when. I feel as though I am not hindered as much as I might have been going to a school, I no longer have to wait for other people to finish, I can just move on. I also feel that I can be a more rounded person homeschooling. Secondly, My parents closed their children's store that they had had for four years and my dad got a new job. Along with these big changes, I have also had some other pretty exciting trips this past year. In April, before my birthday, my parents and I went to Ohio for the huge homeschool conference in Cincinnati, I learned a lot about homeschooling there and really felt this was the route I wanted to take. We also got to go to the huge art museum they have there and I could see the art of some of my favorite artists, such as Monet and other Impressionist artists. While there, we also took a tour on our own of Kentucky, we got to see the capitol, Lexington, and Louisville. We even went into Indiana so that we could say we went there. My family also went to the Washington coast with my grandma and I got some awesome pictures like this one....
We were walking through the Hoh rainforest when I saw this unicorn peeping out from behind the tree. Also this year I went wakeboarding for the first time and I went to Scarywood with my two best friends, which is our theme park Silverwood that turns haunted for Halloween, it was extremely fun.  We also went to San Francisco to visit family, but while we were there we went to this really pretty Catholic missionary from the 16th century. The architecture was beautiful. Not only did all of these exciting events happen but I feel as though I grew closer to God this past year, I read my Bible every night, but I still have some work to do. This new year I have come up with some new resolutions such as again to read my Bible every night and also to learn to play piano. Last year I wanted to learn to play guitar and I did. So in hindsight 2010 was a good year, I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment